I RELY ON BREASTFEEDING TO STABILISE THE DISEASE (49)

 49. HER COLD HEART

"I... I am a spy sent by Gu Qianyu to your side. Actually, this is what Gu Qianyu told me, because after I fainted last time and was rescued by you, I lost my memory. I can't remember anything. This is also the reason for his entanglement with me. But I assure you, I didn't hurt your heart, but after knowing my identity, I know that I can't live by your side. Every day I live with fear and trepidation like walking on thin ice. I'm afraid that you will find out my identity. I am also afraid that I won't be able to deal with Gu Qianyu." Chu Ran could only say that she was a spy to get through. In fact, she knew very well that Gu Xian was aware of her identity, but he did not kill her, indicating that she didn't have to worry about her life from exposing her identity.

Gu Xian felt relieved when he heard it personally. It's no wonder that Gu Qianyu pestered her, it turned out that she's got amnesia. In fact, what he wanted this statement from her.

"Are you satisfied now? If you want to kill me, then kill me." Chu Ran raised her head to reveal her snow-white neck.

Gu Xian's handsome, angular face gradually clouded with a shallow smile: "Ran Ran, don't you see how I treat you?"

Chu Ran stared at him motionlessly, and asked under his questioning eyes: "I don't see it. You threaten me at every turn. I am self aware, I have nothing except for a pair of skin that is still somewhat eye-catching . With your status and position, you would not stoop so low for a face like mine. Why don't you tell me, what do you like about me?"

Gu Xian looked at her, he frowned slightly, and was silent.

Chu Ran laughed, smiling like a flower: "Look, you can't even tell yourself. I know why. Men love the beauty at first sight, and you are no exception. People like you, who have a strong desire to possess, even if they are tired of playing, they would not transfer their women to others. They would rather put them in a place where they can supervise them."

The blue veins on Gu Xian's forehead twitched again. His eyes suddenly frosted over and he stared coldly at Chu Ran.

Chu Ran was a little scared by his look, but she refused to back down. She watched him as he slowly walk towards her, finally arriving in front of her.

"I am fascinated by your beauty and body. I admit it." He stretched out his hand, pinched her chin with considerable force and lifted her face up to him. His eyes traced her eyebrows, eyes, nose and lips. He continued: "But for your other thoughts, I have to defend myself. Chu Ran, you think about yourself too humbly! I am a dignified prince, why do I have to humble myself and try my best to make you happy. I am angry because I care, my tolerance is because of reluctance, compromise is because of cherishment. I don't think about who I am, and I am disturbed."

Chu Ran raised her face, staring blankly at the man in front of her who was obviously irritated by her. After a while, she turned her head and broke free from his hand that was still holding her chin.

Chu Ran's tone was heavy as she said: "But this love, is by far no match with my wish to live out this life in peace. I do not want to do any spying and I don't want to get involved in the feud between you and Gu Qianyu."

His expression became more and more gloomy following her words.

She saw his eyes darken and smiled slightly, but her smile was a little sad. "Look, although I like you a little bit, I don't want to be with you for a long time."

She finally finished what she wanted to say and let out a long breath before gazing at him quietly.

The truth has always been a wounding knife.

He fixedly stared at her between her eyebrows, and finally a trace of unconcealed loneliness slowly appeared.

"Ran-Ran." He said.

"You finally let me know what you really think... I'm surprised..." His voice even sounded a little hoarse.

Saying so, he suddenly changed his words: "But you can never leave me. Give me some time and maybe you will change your mind..."

He closed his mouth again and looked at her fixedly.

Chu Ran sighed.

"Gu Xian, will you marry me as your legal wife?" Chu Ran gritted her teeth and asked as she said these word for word.

(正妻, Zhèngqī. legal wife)

Gu Xian's expression changed slightly again, he stared at her and said lowly, "After all, it turns out that you are thinking about the position of the Wangfei..."

(王妃, Wángfēi. The female counterpart of Wangye. The main or official wife to the Wangye.)

Chu Ran lowered her eyelids, her eyes fell on the candlelight on the table beside her, lost in thought for a moment. She finally retracted her gaze, looked at Gu Xian again, and said indifferently: "You are right. After all, I am such a greedy person who wants to be rich and famous."

This was an extremely strange and terrible feeling. Chu Ran, he really underestimated her in the past. Smart and ruthless. When she said the last sentence, she set up a trap for him.

What was to lose and what was to gain. It turned out that once she schemed, she was so cold-hearted, she had calculated everything fully.

Chu Ran didn't need his answer.

She knew that he would not agree. Who would give that glorious position to a woman who has no status or distinction!

This was just right, so that she, who has been resurrected in this life, will live a different life. Knowing that it was a bad relationship, why bother to be bitterly entangled in this life?

She thought about it. She had lived these three lives and what she lacked most was peace of mind. So in this life, she wants to live with peace of mind and strive to live beautifully!


TOC

Chapter 48

Chapter 50

Comments

Popular Posts